Meeting minutes for dialog session with Minister of Transport.
Date : 7th Oct 2014
- The minimum approved VLT for front windscreen will be maintained at 70%.
- The approved VLT meter must be calibrated by SIRIM at least once a year. The VLT tester must also follow the standardized specification set by SIRIM.
- Another 5%VLT tolerance will be allowed for all windows. This is the tolerance given for the VLT tester.
- JPJ will start to enforce the new ruling starting 1st May. This is applicable for newly registered cars only.
- Cars already on the road will have 6 months period where they will only be given a warning letter at road blocks. thus, allowing the drivers enough time to understand the new ruling and take neccessary actions and abide by the law.